More people are on their devices now than ever but they want one thing: connection. This is the importance of social media in 2022.
There have been so many changes in the last few years To life. To business. To the marketplace. This is why most businesses need to be creating more content right now and not less.
In 2022, we can all agree on one thing: the world is hurting.
Businesses are hurting. Families are hurting.
Now more than ever we need to consider how we want to make our mark in this season. The best way to NOT use social media right now is self-promotion.
Now IS the time to reach out to your community with the resources you have.
Whether you are a ministry that wants to spotlight needs and how they are being met or a business that is partnering with those in need, now is the time to utilize outreach. And that means social media.
The beauty of social media is the lack of gatekeepers. No news station, representative, or editor has to give you permission. YOU have to give yourself permission to use a free resource that can target your audience.
The next question is content: how do you want people to see your business?
- Show the business pivot and why what you’re doing matters
- Business owners – Show how you are being a solution maker
- Ministry leaders – Show how others can help
- Collaborate with businesses, influencers, and ministries focused on bringing VALUE and CHANGE during this time
Budgets might be tight but instead of giving up marketing, make a pivot. Change the strategy and focus.
Good questions to ask before posting:
- Will this photo/caption be appropriate considering what is happening in the world?
- Are we improving something?
- Is there value being brought to the table?
- Will people be encouraged or inspired?
- Are the people/businesses/ministries I am working with doing this as well?
Now is the time to rethink connections. It is time to align and if companies we have worked with are self-promoting more than they are bringing value, it may be time to rethink a few things.
Not sure what social media platform is right for you, read this article “Choosing Your First Social Media Platform” next.
What are my thoughts on TikTok? See the article, “Why Cross-Posting is Key in 2022”.
Leave a Reply